Some general remarks about running. It’s not easy, it’s not difficult. You need persistence and wisdom.
- Never run with pain. Never. It’s better to play with computer instead.
- There are 4 main physical quantities describing an athlete: SAN, SAE, CAN and VO2 max
- For achieving the top on a certain distancce you need to optimize: weight, quantity, quality, frequency and not to change the distance in the middle of the training plan. After several years (min 2) of persistence you will find your planet.
- There are 5 mechanisms for energy production (in growing order of duration): Anaerobic-alactic, Anaerobic-lactic, Aerobic glucidic, Aerobic lipidic, Protein-based mechanism
- The minimun weekly quantity for preparing a distance d is given by 10√d.
- Flexibility and elasticity are 2 different concept (the first related to joints, the second to muscles) and are trained in different ways: respectively stretching or yoga and jumps, bonces and changes of pace.
- The running style is improved with exercices for feet (1-2 times/15 days), for flexibility and elasticity and for strength. In the last times, the latter lost part of their importance.
|SAN (Anaerobic threshold)||Max speed at which lactic acid is constant in the muscles [around 4 mmol/l]. Fundamental in 10000 m|
|SAE (Aerobic threshold)||Min speed at which lactic acid is constant in the muscles [around 2 mmol/l]. Fundamental in marathon|
|CAN (Anaerobic capacity)||Max bearable quantity of lactic acid, usually reached on 800 m.|
|CAE (Aerobic capacity)||Duration at which is possible to mantain the SAN speed (40′-60 ‘). Fundamental in 10-20 k|
|VO2 max||Speed at which an increase in energy requirement, does not correspond to an increase in oxigen consumption. It’s related to cardiac output and Arteriovenous difference|
The SAN can be approximated by SAN=D*8.12 or SAN=3590/RG10, where D is the max distance covered in 7′ in km and RG10 is the race pace on a 10k in “/km.
Comparing the 2 results is also possible to understand if the athlete is aerobic or anaerobic.
In 10/19 i have respectively 16.3 and 15.6 km. So i’m slightly anaerobic athlete, as 90% of population.